Inyo County’s History Day Contest was held on March 14th, 2019. Ten posters, four websites, one research paper and eleven exhibits covering a variety of topics captured this year’s contest theme of Triumph and Tragedy.
Students were judged on the historical quality, relation to theme, clarity of presentation, and compliance with NHD rules. They also participated in interviews, explaining the process they used to create their projects. The following students will be advancing to the state competition in May:
- Ruby Randall, Bishop Elementary
- Cora Van Nest, Kaki Saulque and Haiden Mull (group project), Home Street Middle School
- Mylee Patton, Lo Inyo Elementary School
- Sierra Kingsford and Princess Luna (group project), Lo Inyo Elementary School
- Stephanie Valdez and Jaciel Isidro (group project), Lo Inyo Elementary School
- Garrett WIlkinson, Damian Kingsford and Noe Rivera (group project), Lone Pine High School
Thank you to coaches Dustin Ryan, Meghan Fuchs, Nadine Harry, Bob Heist, Megan Wilkinson, Sarah Civitano and Sarah Fogarty for working with their students to prepare them for the competition. In addition, ICOE would like to thank Ilissa Twomey, Lo Lyness, Mini Doonan and Kathy Zach for judging the event.
Congratulations to all student participants!