Town of Mammoth Lakes hosting Fourth of July Fireworks spectacular at Crowley Lake
From the Town of Mammoth
Mammoth Lakes, CA – The Town of Mammoth Lakes in partnership with Crowley Lake Fish Camp is proud to once again host the annual Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular at Crowley Lake. The Independence Day fireworks show promises to be a bright and striking display of color in the Eastern Sierra night sky. This year’s “Sky Concert” will propel over 737 shells into the Eastern Sierra sky for a mesmerizing 20 minutes beginning at approximately 9:15 p.m. (weather permitting). Funding for this year’s Fourth of July show was generously donated by individual community members and business owners, second homeowners, L.D.C. and from the Town’s general fund.
Since incorporating in 1984, the Town of Mammoth Lakes has been celebrating Independence Day with a spectacular fireworks show. The Town contracts Pyro Spectaculars by Souza to light up the sky above Crowley Lake. Souza is well known for doing some of the largest and most spectacular fireworks displays in the world.
Admission to the Fourth of July Fireworks Show is once again only $25.00 per car, RV, or truck (excludes camping), and $5.00 per individual/bike (walking/riding).
Prior to the spectacular fireworks show, kick back on the Crowley Lake Fish Camp lawn and enjoy live music playing from 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. The new Crowley Lake Fish Camp restaurant: Pelican Point Grill will be serving BBQ and Holiday specials including cold beverages from Noon – 8:30 p.m.
Camp permitting at Crowley Lake Fish Camp for the Fourth of July begins Thursday, July 2, 2015 and ends Monday July 6, 2015. The entire lake shore at the South Landing of Crowley Lake is open for camping, and the fee is $125 per vehicle including the fireworks show for the 5-days. The North Landing/North Shore of Crowley Lake will be closed beginning at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, 2015, thru 12:00 p.m. Monday, July 6, 2015.
To ensure a safe holiday experience for everyone, please observe the following:
1. No personal fireworks are permitted within Mono County, including the Inyo National Forest (INF), and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) lands. Be smart; leave the fireworks to the professionals!
2. Due to EXTREME FIRE DANGER, the Mammoth Lakes Fire Protection District, Long Valley Fire Department, Mammoth Lakes Police Department, California Highway Patrol and Mono County Sheriff will enforce a “zero tolerance” policy with respect to the possession and use of fireworks. Fireworks violations will be strictly enforced.
3. Please obey road closure and no parking signs. Parking is NOT permitted along Highway 395 or Crowley Lake Drive at any time. Do not park in fire lanes.
4. The Mono County Sheriff’s Office will be patrolling on Crowley Lake during the fireworks show. Do not boat within 100 yards of the fireworks detonation site at Hilton Bay and proper night-time navigation lighting is required.
5. Help us keep Mono County clean. Please use designated trash facilities.
6. Do not drink and drive. Please use a designated driver or plan to camp at Crowley Lake Fish Camp.
Please enjoy our national holiday in a safe and responsible manner. For more information, please contact the Town of Mammoth Lakes Recreation Department at (760) 934-8989 ext. 222, or visit http://www.ci.mammoth-lakes.ca.us/